Welcome to all you beautiful mama’s out there! You found me and I’m excited to introduce myself. My name is Thereasa and yes, all those vowels belong in my name:). I’m super blessed to be married to this sweet man, “Doc”.
Look what God entrusted us with over the past 15 years of our marriage. Really, these are not just “pseudo blog names below”, they really go by these nicknames. Can you tell which four came from my belly and which four came from my heart and Haiti?
Other “Fun Facts” about our life:
- We are a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N (hope you all heard of that song so this makes sense). Joking aside, “But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord!!!” Joshua 24:15.
- We homeschool all these beautiful children. What pressure, right? They have never attended a public/private school so what they become all falls on us. (Yikes, maybe I should enroll them for a semester…kidding!!)
- We travel by RV across the big, beautiful U.S.A. (that’s right… 10 of us plus usually a guest or two in one RV). Great blogging stories will come from these adventures for sure!
- “Doc” is a fitting name for my husband because he is a family physician. With being his “help meet” (yes, ladies it’s a biblical term) I get the pleasure of helping run a medical practice in my spare time. So of course, we will be promoting health here with y’all.
- Nobody likes to waste their college degree (mine happens to be in architectural construction), so here and there we buy old houses/buildings and knock them down to studs, rip roofs off, etc. and put them back together. Projects, projects, projects coming your way!!
- Organizing is a big thing around here too. I kind of dig doing it; however, it is mostly out of survival so we don’t get buried alive by stuff.
- We also have a “hobby farm life” thing going on. You know the whole horses, chickens, dogs, cats, soon to be bunnies, and sheep/goat thing. We also grow much of our own veggies and hopefully those “sticks in the ground” will bear fruit one of these years.
- Finally, I love emojis!!! It is killing me because I am still figuring out this blogging world and I haven’t been able to express through those crazy faces how silly I am…please picture me blowing you a welcome to my blog emoji kiss!! Hahaha!!
If you spent the time to read through all those “fun facts”, you have discovered we are a busy family (much like yours I’m sure). So how do I have time to blog? Well all those above beautiful babies have trained me to think I don’t require much sleep (yeah, I know some are teens-but they will always be my babies)! Wow…totally need that laughing so hard crying emoji here!!
We just feel truly blessed to do it all as a family!! How? Because We Homeschool.
Blessings to all my new friends,